“THE PORTER PACK IS MY PERSONAL FAVORITE FOR PACKRAFTING, AND I ALSO USE IT ON LONG SKI TOURS,” AMBASSADOR FORREST MCCARTHY.
We stripped down, dialed in and beefed up our 4400 Porter Pack for passionate packrafters, mountaineers and multi-discipline adventurers. Though similar to our smaller versions, this ultralight pack has a wider circumference, is made from burlier material and has additional elastic frame sheets that offer greater load carrying capacity. Weatherproof your pack by using our Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber) Stuff Sacks. Add a Porter Stuff Pocket for extra storage.
We can custom fit this pack for skiers by adding reinforced fully-woven Dyneema® side panels, bottom and ski holsters. Add $100 and allow three weeks for delivery.
2.35 lbs | 37.6 oz | 1065g
- Made in Maine
- Four external, vertical daisy chains for attaching Porter Stuff Pocket, Porter Water Bottle Holders, or extra gear for trip-specific customization
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Dyneema® Hardline shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Six side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression -- Designed to secure gear
- Internal zippered pocket
- Dyneema® Hardline dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Dyneema® Hardline zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ability to stow two ice axes on daisy chains
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
Weight: 2.35 lbs | 37.6 oz | 1065g
Load capacity: 30 – 65 lbs
- Body: 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid
- Bottom: Double reinforced 150D Dyneema®/Poly hybrid
- Interior: 4400 cu. in. (70L)
- Top Circumference: 45” (114.3cm)
- Bottom Circumference: 37.5” (95.3)
- Height (fully unrolled): 38.5” (97.8cm)
- Back Width: 10.5” (26.7cm)
Q: How much is postage and what services do you use?
A: Postage & packing prices vary with the destination and number of shoes purchased. In each listing, in the "Shipping Section" (halfway down the page) you can see the charges as well as the combined postage discounts for multiple purchases.