The Slater UL+ tent series derives inspiration from the Fly Creek UL series. Slater tents are light and fast like the Fly Creek but offer extra floor space and a second door and vestibule on the 3+ size. Whether you’re flying solo or camping with a dog or partner, the extra space comes at little cost in these minimalist free standing shelters. Another unique feature to the Slater is its absence of mesh. We’ve replaced the mesh walls on the tent body with lightweight breathable nylon rip-stop for that extra bit of warmth and privacy and to keep desert sand and wind out.
- Single door and vestibule.
- Door has two closing options: Zip up mesh door only for ventilation or zip up the polyester layer for full protection.
- Storm flaps on vestibule zipper.
- Reflective guylines and webbing on tent corners
- Fly and floor are silicone treated nylon rip-stop
- Fly and floor have 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent body is nylon rip-stop and polyester mesh vent
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape (No PVC or VOC's)
- DAC Featherlite NSL pole system with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs
- DAC Twist Clips attach tent body to pole frame
- 11 Superlight aluminum J stakes
- One interior mesh pocket
- Gear Loft loops included. Fits Triangle gear loft sold separately $22
- Fast Fly setup available.
- Footprint sold separately
- Note: We list several weights for our tents to aid your product research. Trail weight refers to poles, fly and tent body. Packed weight includes poles, fly, tent body, stakes, guy lines, stuff sacks, instructions, and packaging. Fast Fly weight refers to the poles, tent fly and accessory Fast Fly footprint.
|Trail Weight||2lb 4oz|
|Packed Weight||2lb 10oz|
|Fast Fly Weight||1lb 10oz|
|Packed Size||5" x 19"|
|Floor Area||28sq ft|
|Vestibule Area||6sq ft|
What is in the name?
The first descent of Slater Creek Falls was claimed in 2007 by a group of eight Steamboat kayakers who refer to themselves as the Routt County River Enforcement. The “Enforcers” scouted the whitewater of Slater Creek using a National Geographic CD-ROM map. When they found a section of the Little Snake River that drops 275 feet in less than a mile, and 30 feet at the Falls, they deemed it a worthy adventure.
Q: How much is postage and what services do you use?
A: Postage & packing prices vary with the destination and number of shoes purchased. In each listing, in the "Shipping Section" (halfway down the page) you can see the charges as well as the combined postage discounts for multiple purchases.